Monday, November 27, 2023

 


(Photo by Rodney Ho/AJC)

Things I have overheard or have been said about “Randy & Spiff” during the years of doing our morning show on Atlanta radio.  The evolution of our career in Atlanta, Georgia:

February 1989 --- “Randy & Spiff?  Never heard of them.”

April 1989 --- “Aren’t they the guys who replaced JJ and Stacia on WFOX?”

November 1989 --- “They are the morning show on that oldies station, right?”

1990-2003 --- “Best radio show in town.” … “Love Randy & Spiff!” … “Wake up every morning to those guys.” …  Fox 97 is my favorite station and I never miss the Randy & Spiff show.” … Love the oldies and Randy & Spiff.”

2003-2011 --- “Weren’t they on Fox 97?” … “Where are they now?” … “Love Randy & Spiff and Cool 105.7.” … “Someone said they were on the Lite station now.” … “I heard they were on the AM dial.  Can you believe that?” … “They are back together on the True Oldies Channel.”  “I read where they were inducted into the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame.”

2012-2013 --- “Whatever happened to Randy & Spiff?” … “I grew up listening to those guys.” … “Loved them when they were on Fox 97.” … “I have a 37-cent check from them.” … “I sure do miss the Ultimate Oldies Concerts they hosted." ... "My parents used to listen to those guys".

Last year --- “I heard that one of them was in rehab.”

Today --- “Randy & Spiff?  Never heard of them.”


No comments:

Post a Comment